It is critical from now into the foreseeable future to do our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19. With 21 branches located throughout the State of Maine, each are uniquely relied upon to provide essential services in their respective communities. It is our goal to minimize customers physically entering our stores to reduce potential exposure between customers and employees.
We strongly encourage you to place your orders via phone, email or text and utilize our
Free Delivery Service or our Curbside Pickup option for in-store items.
The temporary practices listed below are being enacted:
Curbside Pickup for In-Store Items:
- Place your order over the phone, email or text, and it will be fulfilled as requested.
- For building materials located outside, the normal yard order fulfillment process will continue.
- Call the store or your salesperson to notify them of your arrival. Your order will be brought out to your vehicle.
- Payments can be made over the phone or your Hammond charge account can be used.
Each store is set up uniquely different in regards to business process operational flow. The “spirit and intent” is for each branch to minimize as much contact between customers and employees as possible.
No Contact Deliveries:
- Our drivers have been instructed to have zero physical contact with customers. Materials will be placed in an accessible area while maintaining a minimum of 6 feet of separation.
- Our drivers will not obtain physical signatures; they will record the first and last name of the person accepting delivery along with the date, time and any exceptions. Your copy of the receipt will be left with your materials.
- When setting your order up for delivery, our salespeople and shippers can work with you to coordinate the best place for your product to be dropped off.
- We will continue to deliver to jobsites in the Rough Construction Phase. However, our drivers and salespeople will not be entering any finished homes in the Owner Occupancy Phase.
Jobsite Consultation Visits:
- Until further notice, our salespeople will no longer be conducting jobsite consultation visits to finished homes. Our salespeople will still be able to serve you as normal via phone, email or text at any time. If available, FaceTime, Skype or any other teleconferencing can be used as a method of communication.
- Saturday, March 21 & Sunday, March 22: all 21 stores will remain OPEN during their regular weekend schedule
- Saturday, March 28 & Sunday, March 29: all 21 stores will be CLOSED
- Saturday, April 4 & Sunday, April 5: TO BE DETERMINED at a later date
All 21 stores will remain open during their regular weekday hours, however some of our locations may be short-staffed due to employees working from home or school closures. We will continue to work together as one team to provide for the safety and security of our employees, customers, homes and communities. We are continuously monitoring the global pandemic and understand our circumstances could require adjustments at any time.
Our team remains focused and ready to assist you in every way we can. On March 18, 2020, Governor Mills recommended that non-essential, public facing businesses close for two weeks to minimize public gatherings. However, in doing so, the Governor specifically excluded businesses that provide “essential services” to the community, including
businesses such as ours in the Construction and Home Repair and Hardware industries.
I have included a list of contact information for each of our branches. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Thank you – we appreciate our loyal customers, your understanding and cooperation.
Auburn: (207) 784-4009
Bangor: (207) 945-9416
Bar Harbor: (207) 288-9756
Belfast: (207) 338-4080
Belgrade: (207) 495-3303
Blue Hill: (207) 374-2814
Boothbay Harbor: (207) 633-4474
Brunswick: (207) 729-9924
Bucksport: (207) 469-7313
Calais: (207) 454-2576
Camden: (207) 236-3371
Cherryfield: (207) 546-7384
Damariscotta: (207) 563-1200
Ellsworth: (207) 667-7134
Fairfield: (207) 453-7322
Farmington: (207) 778-3518
Greenville: (207) 695-4583
Machias: (207) 255-3328
Portland: (207) 771-8880
Rockland: (207) 596-6205
Skowhegan: (207) 474-8122
You can also contact: Sales@hammondlumber.com
MARCH 17, 2020
Open For Business!
To Our Valued Customers:
In light of the current pandemic declared by the World Health Organization and the state of emergency declared by the Governor of the State of Maine, we want to take this opportunity to let you know how we at Hammond Lumber Company are taking steps to continue to provide products and services to our loyal customers and to support our employees and communities in this time of rapidly changing circumstances.
Working within the recommendations of the federal and state Centers for Disease Control and other agencies, we are continuing to serve our customers, who rely on us for their livelihood, to the best of our abilities in 21 locations at this time. We are proud of our industry and our hard-working employees for how they have responded to the intensifying circumstances and taken appropriate actions to safeguard the well-being of society.
Our number one priority is the safety of our employees and customers. At the same time, we know that you have relied upon Hammond Lumber Company in past emergency situations to provide supplies and support to our communities. We understand our role and responsibility as a local business resource in keeping our communities and homes safe, secure and functioning.
To ensure the safety of our employees and customers, we are taking these proactive measures:
- Last week, we put together a Coronavirus Prevention Team that actively monitors internal and external sources for current updates on COVID-19. They are working around-the-clock to assist our branch managers in protecting the health of our employees and customers.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and hygiene protocols in high-touch areas with CDC-approved disinfectant. We have also increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
- Our employees have been updated with recommended safety steps and have been advised to stay home if they feel ill, have recently traveled or have been around others who are sick.
- We have implemented social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures, including thoroughly washing hands for at least 20 seconds, intensifying cleaning measures, avoiding handshakes and other physical contact, and using tissues when coughing and sneezing.
- Our employees receive ongoing briefs and up-to-date statuses on our company efforts in averting the spread of the Coronavirus.
- We have asked our vendor sales reps to minimize their visits to all branch locations.
- We are prepared to act swiftly should we be notified of a case of COVID-19 at one of our branches.
We have also recently established a Supply Chain Stabilization Team. Their function is to observe patterns, forward-think source of supply issues and create continuity plans for potential vulnerabilities. The team is communicating at a high-level with mill owners, manufacturers and distributors. Now more than ever, our 21 branch locations state-wide are working as one team to fulfill customer orders using our aggregate inventories, vendor partners and best-in-class, inter-branch transfer system. Currently and into the foreseeable future, we have the capability and capacity to serve you even with the possibility of “panic-buying”.
Our mission has always been to serve and better our communities, and to do so safely with quality service, pride and teamwork. We are here to help – our goal is to continue to provide service to you within the constraints of the current pandemic and within the restrictions placed on us by the governing authorities. We will continue to provide essential products and services needed to support our builders’ livelihood. We are fully equipped to support you with deliveries directly to your jobsites or homes.
We encourage you to place orders online through our website or via phone with any of our salespeople. You can also email email@example.com.
Going forward, we also need to support the real heroes: our hospitals, medical providers, support staff, first responders and many others who always give their service selflessly.
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions, concerns, information to share, we ask you to please reach out. We will get through this together as a team.